Sunday 24 June 2012

Work Visa

I ran around the house looking for somebody close to me that could enjoy that moment with me. I couldn’t found anybody… But, this is not a sad story!   I called my mother that is far, far, far from me and yes, she is/was happy with me. I applied for a job 5 minutes after I opened the e mail with my documents. I am happy to finally be able to work and there is where my dilemma begins…
At the next day on Saturday, I told every single human that crossed my way, the good new; many of them were happy for me, and my “status” on "Face-book" called the attention of my closest friends and family; they all sent their congratulations and best wishes (they all knew how frustrating has been for me, not to be able to work; and I am NOT going to mention the financial struggles... This is NOT a sad story!); a friend asked me: Do you really want to work? Ooh Yes I want to. I replied at him with my eyes wide open. We start talking about cost of living here in Canada and how expensive is. (And yes it is and so are many other places.) Anyway we both agree in the need of money, and then I carried on with my day. But my question is: We will never be able to enjoy work? Be happy with our jobs? Right now, I think I am going to find my ideal job, but I have found my ideal job before and not always it was ideal!
Today is Sunday and my search for a job will begins/continue this week, I hope this continue being not a sad story…
Beatriz Cabrera Jun/24 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment